Employer’s Liability Policy is an insurance policy that provides wage replacement and medical benefits to the insured employees injured or disabled due to accidents at work. This also functions as a form of disability insurance, compensating for economic losses and taking
care of medical expenses. A Employer’s Liability Policy is like an all in one package that acts as a disability insurance, medical insurance and also life insurance as it financially compensates dependents of the employees killed during employment.
What is covered?
The policy covers legal Liability of an employer under:
- Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923, and Subsequent amendments of the said Act prior to the date of issue of the policy
- Indian Fatal Accidents Act, 1855, and Subsequent amendments of the said Act prior to the date of issue of the policy
- Common Law
The policy covers financial liability of an employer in case of:
- Permanent total disablement
- Permanent partial disablement
- Temporary disablement
- Legal costs and expenses incurred with the company’s consent
- Actual medical, surgical and hospital expenses including the cost of transport to hospital for Accidental employment injuries
What is not covered?
- Any change in statute provisions after the policy has commenced