A Travel Insurance is a policy that covers the insured against losses due to unexpected medical emergencies, loss of belongings, accidents while traveling. A travel insurance is mainly in regard to international travel; as it covers the high costs of international medical care. Many countries, especially the European countries mandate travel insurance. Even when insurance is not mandated it is advised to travel insured to avoid any kind of inconvenience.
What is covered in the travel insurance?
The things covered under the travel insurance depends on the kind of policy availed by the traveler. There are certain benefits that are common to all the policies.
- Taking care of medical bills in the case of accident or illness
- Taking the insurer back to his/her country of origin during emergency
- Taking back the insurers belongings
- Cancellation of trip
- Monetary benefit at the time of death, disablement and accident
- Financial assistance in case of delayed baggage or loss of documents.
- Delay of travel
What is not covered?
- Acts of terrorism and war
- Natural disasters
- Sports that involve certain element of risk
- Sudden attack of already existing medical conditions such as blood pressure etc
- Injuries or illnesses caused by consumption of alcohol or narcotic drugs